Worship is vital to the health of any community. No one can long extricate themselves from the deeply spiritual reality of corporate worship and expect their faith to remain sound. At First, we celebrate the glory of God among us weekly with services at 8:45 and 11:00 a.m. During the summer months, however, worship times are adjusted with only a single service at 10:00 a.m. being offered. The remainder of the year, the schedule is as follows:
- Worship is at 11:00 a.m. (10 am in June, July and August) in the Sanctuary—featuring a Children’s Time, Holy Communion the first Sunday of the month, full pipe organ and choirs. Sunday School runs concurrent with this service and childcare is always provided.
- A fellowship time called Coffee & Conversation and serving Free Trade coffee is offered before and after each service.
- Other special services throughout the year include traditional Advent and Lenten holiday services including Longest Night, Lessons & Carols, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and Totenfest. A Thanksgiving service followed by the “Hanging of the Greens” and an Earth Day “Blessing of the Animals” service are also held yearly.
- There is elevator access to all levels—plus wheelchair-accessible restrooms on the main level. Large print bulletins, hymns, and hearing-assisted devices are available during all church services.
- A Taize service is held the third Tuesday at 5:30 pm (September through May). The point is, at First we have (or are planning) something that fits the tastes of just about everyone. Even you!
SCHEDULE OF SERVICES
Chancel Choir rehearsal (Sanctuary), 9:00 a.m.
Adult Education “Forum,” Bible Study, Older Adult Study(multiple sites), 10:00 a.m.
Melody Choir (Children’s Choir Room), 10:00 a.m.
Worship with choirs (Sanctuary), 11:00 a.m.
Youth Education, 11:00 a.m.
Sunday School for Children Pre-K thru 5th (Education wing), 11:10 a.m.
Coffee & Conversation before and after each service
SERMONS AND WORSHIP BULLETINS!
For those wishing to check out sermons preached at First, once each is made available by the speaker and properly formatted, it added to the archived file below. All sermons are copyrighted and remain the property of the author. All quotations should be properly credited.
Worship bulletins for each Sunday beginning with February 2010 are also archived but in a separate file. The link for these can be located by scrolling farther down on the page.